The clock is ticking now. Preparations are well underway for our annual Summer Camp, which this year takes us to Belgium.
What’s the plan?
There’s simply loads in store! Want to know more? Here’s a sneek peek at some of what we’re hoping to offer…
- A day out on Railbikes (check it out)
- Land Yachting in De Panne
- Explore Bruges…
- by foot
- by bike
- by horse and cart
- by canal boat
- go up the tower
- explore the market and market square
- Swimming at a local pool
- Visit some beaches (check them out)
- Activity day (including BMX, High ropes, Archery and Kayaking on a local canal)
- An evening in Ghent (see here)
- Explore the small Dutch town of Sluis with its quaint streets, market and windmill
And of course….
- The PARTY NIGHT!!!!
How’s the meals looking?
Well, for 5 nights, we will take the opportunity to use the hospitality of the site and use their catering for a 3 course meal. (don’t get used to this for future camps!!)
We’ll also find a takeaway one night in the local town of Ghent.
And finally the party night – we’ll have a buffet or BBQ.
How are we getting there?
We’re all going by minibus – in fact a fleet of them! Then we’ll be jumping on the ferry for an approx midday crossing.
The route is Dover to Calais. The ferry crossing take approx 1.5-2 hours, and the site is about an hour from Calais.